Protecting Your Employees: The Best Way to Do Business
Workers’ compensation insurance helps you protect one of your most vital assets: your employees.
It also helps you fulfill your statutory and legal obligations. In California, employers must provide worker’s compensation even if they have only one employee.
This insurance covers at least part of the expenses and lost income your employees suffer as a result of a job-related injury and/or illness. It also protects your liability as an employer.
Workers’ compensation covers injuries or illnesses in situations such as:
- A supplier, manufacturer or contractor employee is injured while lifting heavy equipment
- An employee is injured after slipping and falling on a wet floor at work
- An employee is injured in a fire or explosion at work
- A chemist becomes ill due to the chemicals they’re exposed to in their daily work
- A driver is injured while making deliveries for their employer
- An employee in a factory or office suffers repetitive motion injury to their arm, hand or wrist
- A roofer’s employee falls from a roof
Workers’ compensation coverage provides:
- Weekly payments to compensate for loss of wages
- At least partial compensation for an employee’s related financial losses
- Payment or reimbursement of employee’s medical bills
- Benefits payable to the dependents of an employee killed on the job or while performing job duties
- Protection for your business and financial assets
Workers’ compensation insurance does not cover:
- Employee injuries that are not work-related
- Damages for pain and suffering
- Punitive damages for employee negligence
Workers’ Compensation: Finding the Right Quote
O’Kane & Tegay representatives have access to a range of highly rated carriers offering workers’ comp insurance.
We can help you protect your business and those who work for you by finding the coverage that best fits your company.
Our carriers will work with you to suggest ways to improve on-the-job safety and risk management, minimize your financial losses, and lower your claim costs.
Learn more about your Worker’s Compensation Coverage options.
Call now to speak with one of the friendly agents in our San Francisco office, at 415-242-8777.
We’ll review your current coverage for free, discuss your current risks and search for the best insurance products to fit your business.
Request a Quote by filling out an application. Request a Quote