Worry Less, Live More.

Commercial Insurance Lines Overview

Risk Management for Bay Area Businesses

Business Owner’s Insurance for:
Apartment Building Owners – Contractors – Restaurant & Bar Owners – Planned Unit Development – Condominium – Commercial Buildings – Small Business

General Liability Insurance: Vital for Your Business

Long-term success means long-term planning—and that includes being prepared for the unexpected. You have enough on your mind, from sales to overhead to expanding your customer base, without having to worry about risk management.

But if your business insurance coverage is insufficient or expired, a sudden accident, natural disaster or lawsuit could spell severe financial losses—derailing your business for years to come and draining your personal assets.

There are different kinds of commercial liability coverage for all types of businesses and exposures. Whether you’re a startup or a well-established part of the community, we’ll get all the information needed to match you with the coverage that best suits your needs and budget.

General Liability Insurance

Accidents and other losses happen when we least expect them, either on or off site.

General liability insurance covers you in the event of the accidents and losses stipulated by your policy.

You and your business are also protected from third-party claims for injury, property damage, medical expenses, and other damage or injury that you’re legally responsible for after an accident, alleged wrongdoing or other unforeseen event.

Some clients might also require that you have general liability insurance before they’ll agree to do business with you.

When the unexpected strikes, the right insurance products protect your years of hard work and investment, with minimal or no loss, and a graceful recovery.

Learn More

Business Owner’s Insurance

A business owner’s policy works to protect your small business from risks such as accidents, natural disasters, property damage, theft and loss of income.

Business owner’s insurance often contains general liability coverage, combined with property insurance.

Learn More

Professional Liability Insurance

Professional liability coverage is essential coverage for businesses that provide clients or customers with opinions, recommendations, design solutions, and other kinds of services.

Many businesses and independent professionals fall under this category, including engineers, architects, attorneys, software developers, publishers and web designers.

In the event of a professional liability lawsuit, the right insurance coverage will help you pay for a defense attorney, judgment and court costs, no matter who is at fault.

Learn More

Workers’ Compensation

Workers’ Compensation insurance is required by California law. This coverage protects you in the event of an employee sustaining a work-related illness or injury.

Learn More

Employment Practices Liability (EPLI)

EPLI is a form of liability insurance that covers you if your employee or former employee files a claim such as alleged discrimination, wrongful termination, gender bias, or sexual harassment.

Learn More

Directors and Officers (D&O) Liability Insurance

D&O liability insurance provides coverage for the directors and officers of commercial and nonprofit organizations.

It works to protect their personal assets in the event of alleged wrongful acts, such as negligence, unfair trade practices, defamation, breach of contract, or fraud. These suits can be brought by customers, employees, shareholders or suppliers.

Coverage helps to cover defense costs during criminal and regulatory investigations or trials, whether or not you’re at fault.

Learn More

Errors and Omissions (E&O) Insurance

E&O is a specialized form of liability protection that goes beyond the coverage offered by business liability insurance (such as property damage, bodily injury and personal and advertising injury coverage). E&O coverage can protect your business in the event that a client sues you for professional negligence.

This can result from a small but costly error, such as design or engineering flaws in an architecture design or engineering plan to a client’s building, or a typographical error that misspells a client’s name on printed material.

Learn More

Property Insurance

Property insurance is essential if you have a significant asset value in your business. It can cover interior items such as office furniture or retail inventory. It can also cover whole buildings.

Whether you run an office or retail outlet, own a duplex in the Marina or a multi-million dollar apartment tower on top of Nob Hill, having the right property insurance is vital to protecting your investment.

Learn More

Free Guide
6 Steps to Saving 20-40% on Multi-Unit Building Insurance

Business Income Insurance

This vital coverage replaces your loss of profits if you must suspend operations due to direct physical loss to your premises.

Learn More

Commercial Auto Insurance

The right commercial auto coverage is essential to protect your business vehicles, whether they’re delivery trucks, company-owned autos, or contractors’ vehicles.

Auto liability insurance provides coverage for accidents caused by you or your employees while driving a company owed vehicle.

Learn More

Bond Insurance

O’Kane & Tegay provides clients with well-informed service in all areas of fidelity bonds, surety bonds, and license and permit bonds.

Whether you are a business owner, attorney, contractor, engineer, nonprofit or individual—we have the knowledge and experience needed to provide the best bond insurance solutions available for your business needs.

Learn More

Builder’s Risk Insurance

Whether you’re the contractor, property owner or developer, it’s essential to fully protect your job site materials and property during and after construction or renovation.

Threats to your investment can include flood, fire, theft, vandalism and earthquake, among other risks.

Learn More

Business Umbrella Insurance

Business umbrella liability insurance provides added coverage, above and beyond other forms of business liability coverage. It can help cover the expense of a lawsuit with costly legal fees and settlements—vital in a state that has no cap on lawsuit settlement payouts.

Learn More

Landlord Insurance

Apartment property is prey to risks such as natural disasters, theft, fire, equipment failure, vandalism, earthquakes and lawsuits. Unless you’re fully protected with the right insurance coverage, you’re vulnerable to tremendous losses.

In addition to covering buildings, apartment owner’s/landlord insurance coverage can extend to assets such as money and securities, exterior property, improvements and enhancements, furniture, equipment, supplies, and company vehicles.

Learn More

Contractor’s Insurance

Every type of contractor needs some form of contractor’s liability insurance. Whether you’re a plumber, electricians, HVAC contractor, builder, painter, general contractor, construction manager, specialty contractor, subcontractor or remodeler, you must fully protect yourself and your business from losses and lawsuits.

We work with highly rated insurance carriers to create excellent California contractor insurance packages for each contractor we work with. This includes coverage such as builder’s risk, commercial liability, commercial auto, contractor bonds, equipment insurance, commercial umbrella, and other forms of coverage suited to your business needs.

Learn More

Restaurant Insurance

Bay Area restaurants are world renown, but they also carry the weight of numerous special risks and liabilities. Coverage areas can include liquor liability, workers compensation, umbrella coverage, and food spoilage for just a start.

Whether your business falls under fine dining, casual dining, fast food, sports bar or catering, you need a competitively priced, comprehensive insurance package that fulfills California requirements and fully protects your investment.

Learn More

Liquor Liability Insurance

Liquor liability coverage will protect your business from the high legal risks that come from the selling, manufacturing or consumption of alcohol on your premises. Problems can include on and off site drunken and unruly behavior, property damage and negligence that creates lawsuits big enough to stop your business dead in its tracks.

Liquor liability insurance covers your business against loss or damages occurring when a customer becomes inebriated and harms themselves or others.

Learn More

Food Truck Insurance

The Bay Area’s many mobile food services include businesses offering catering, gourmet coffee, cold lunches, hot meals and ice cream—all of them needing the right food truck insurance covering their particular risks and exposures.

O’Kane & Tegay insures many types of commercial vehicles and trailers, and is a favorite insurance broker among mobile food service vendors in the Bay Area.

Learn More

Cyber Liability Insurance

Nearly every kind of business now stores sensitive customer data such as credit card numbers. This has left businesses vulnerable to data breaches.

Cyber liability coverage covers your legal fees, settlements and related legal expenses in the event of a data breach. It also helps cover the cost of providing your customers with credit monitoring services, and helps with the expense of a new marketing campaign to renew confidence in your brand.

Learn More

Learn more about your commercial insurance options.

Call now to speak with one of the friendly agents in our San Francisco office, at 415-242-8777 (Mon-Fri, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm).

We’ll review your current coverage for free, discuss your current risks and search for the best insurance products to fit your business.